When I thought about what app I should develop as my final project, I immediately knew what I should do. Back in week 4 when we created the Paint Pot drawing app, my son and his friend spent over an hour playing around with it. I thought to myself that if they enjoyed such a simple app so much, why not build on it, and let their imagination guide my work.
I began working on my “Paint the World” assignment that day. I decided to add several functionalities:
- Create multiple screens
- Create an instructions page
- Create an About page
- Create a welcome page
- Allow the user to save the image s/he has created.
- Add a video recorder to record work on the canvas.
- Add the ability to choose backgrounds, colors, and borders from a list.
- Change the background (the canvas) not only to a different color, but also to some pre-loaded ones.
- Add a backward and forward button.
- And more small additions and modifications.
I have been working quite excitedly on this app, and I still have much to do. Most of the ideas I have for the main screen (the canvas page), we have not done yet, so I will need to get peer feedback and suggestions, and to look up ideas online and in the textbook.
Until the next stage, here are my four screens. They will probably be somewhat different by the time the app is finished.